Results-driven IT professional with expertise envisioning and leading technology-based, multi-million dollar revenue and growth initiatives grounded solidly on business and economic value. Impressive, fast track management career marked by demonstrated ability to build peak-performing teams and achieve cross-functional business objectives. Valued member of senior executive teams, contributing to seasoned, broad-based perspective to create pragmatic IT strategies and implementation plans designed for maximum return at the lowest possible costs.
Core areas of expertise include:
► Outsourcing / Off-shoring
► Program & Project Management
► IT Strategy & Execution
► Time & Resource Optimization
► Mergers & Acquisitions
► Supply-Chain Integration
► Process Improvement
► Information Architecture
► Organizational Design & Restructuring
► New Product & Technology Launch
► Profit and Loss Management
► Vendor & Contract Negotiations
Selected value-offered highlights:
► Realize maximum value and return on IT
investments: Managed development and
implementation of Order Entry system for use with new trading floor at
► Driving force for enhancements to IT services, processes, and organization effectiveness: apply deep insight and best practices gleaned from multi-billion dollar, industry-leading corporations in manufacturing and distribution, printing & publishing, retail / merchandising, telecommunications, insurance, library, criminal justice and financial services industries.
Self-owned technology management consulting company.
Sr. Management Consultant
Served as Project Manager at Amdocs, contracting through KellyMitchell
Responsible for managing various software development & implementation projects for the AT&T Mobility & Home Solutions organization.
· Projects included various projects including IP Usage Billing for U-Verse, IR94 Video Calling, Automated XBM (Exchange By Mail) Credits, and International Travel Companion App.
· Well-versed in
o IT-UP (a modified version of RUP / Rational Unified Process)
o PRISM (a Kintana-based process management tool adopted from Cingular cellular after the merger with that company)
o the One AT&T CR tool
o other proprietary AT&T Project Management tools
Served as Project Manager for AT&T’s Business Network Solutions – I.T. Project Management Office
Responsible for managing various software development & implementation projects for the AT&T BNS-IT organization.
· Projects included various releases of Uverse, including Uverse Field Operations.
· Facilitated reviews of Business Requirements documents
· Facilitated reviews of Test Plans to ensure testing would be accomplished in support of the project scope and defined features
· Facilitated Weekly Project Status review meetings with representatives from all functional teams for monitoring project progress (planned vs. actual) to ensure project remained on schedule
· Identified action items and risks, ensuring timely assignment and completion necessary to maintain project timeline
· Provided direction and set priorities to deliver plans, budget, and project deliverables, and resolved day-to-day project team issues
· Managed and tracked project risks and assessed and prioritized issues by mitigating solutions and/or resources to minimize, monitor and control impact to project scope expectations
· Utilized change management and change control processes to ensure any changes to project scope were controlled and coordinated to minimize increase to project cost, disruption to effective utilization of resources, and progress with implementing the project scope
· Facilitated Change Request (CR) discussions/meetings to determine CR scope, budget and schedule impact(s)
· Reviewed team member’s status reports and prepared project reports for management and client
· Represented the project in senior level meetings and disseminated relevant information to the team
· Reported project status to business owners and impacted stakeholders
Responsible for directing and managing various tasks throughout Systems Development Life Cycle (using RUP, Rational Unified Process) from Requirements Definition to Project Planning, Risk Assessment, Release Management, Project Management, Software Quality Assurance, Analysis and Design, Development, Test and Deployment for various financial systems, including a Cost & Schedule Risk Assessment for British Petroleum for the I.T. portion of a trading floor deployment.
AT&T 1/2007 - 3/2008
Served as Project Manager for AT&T’s Network Software Solutions Project Management Office
Responsible for managing various software development & implementation projects for the AT&T Network Software Solutions organization. Projects included merger initiatives between classic AT&T, SBC, BellSouth and Cingular.
· Managing single projects or groups of related projects from initiation to full implementation
· Functionally managing 22-state multi-million dollar project planned for 2 years to deploy a single solution for global craft access system control
· Developing project scope, plan, schedule
· Establishing project teams and managing across organizational and vendor boundaries to achieve success
· Developing, modifying and executing company project(s) that affect immediate operations and may have network wide or company wide affect
· Working on issues where analysis of situations or data requires in depth knowledge of the network or operating environment and supporting dependencies
· Establishing adherence to budgets, schedule, work plans and performance requirements
Responsible for directing and managing various tasks from requirements definition to project planning, and through to system implementation for a proprietary securities trading system that enabled a global membership of institutional investors, securities dealers, and other securities trading systems to electronically exchange offers to buy and sell virtually all types of securities. Assembled a team of QA, Database, and Development professionals to design and build a trading system based on ASP .NET web-based technology.
The world’s oldest derivatives (futures and futures-options) exchange with more than 3,600 members trading 47 different futures and options products. 2001 annual trading volume of more than 260 million contracts.
Sr. Director / Vice President, Information Technology
Responsible for directing and managing various projects from requirements definition to project planning, and through to system implementation. Additional responsibilities included change management, systems integration design, and preparing and managing multi-million dollar project budgets.
· Introduced Kintana process management tool for entering project requests and tracking project progress, streamlining and better controlling project management and change management processes.
Developed and directed corporate-wide Program
Management Office, overseeing a total staff of 350 I.T. professionals, building
a duplicate redundant data center with a complete test environment. Also outsourced
software remediation to CBSI in
Managed development and implementation of a
PC-based cash derivatives electronic trading system in partnership with Prebon
· Managed development and implementation of Sun/PC based Order Entry system for use with new trading floor constructed for the trading of financial products, reducing order turnaround time by 50%, resulting in improved, more efficient order flow, which increased fee revenues.
· Investigated new products and technologies for use in CBOT systems
· Defined the strategic direction of the overall Technology Architecture Plan, which mapped directly to the exchange’s business strategy
· Directed development efforts for Order Entry Into The Pit, a $10+ million dollar effort to develop a client/server front-end to a Tandem-based order routing system, for use on the new trading floor, which opened in February 1997.
Self-owned technology management consulting company.
Chief Architect / Senior Technical Manager, Advisor To Ameritech Information Systems
· Managed software vendor and platform study selection program.
· Designed a leading-edge system with the "Vision" of the Library of the future as the requirements spelled out in the Request For Proposal by the Board of Regents.
Chief Architect and Designer,
· Designed IU/PUI’s “Library of the Future”.
- This entailed a Requirements Overview and a Conceptual Design for the future needs of the entire library and its total environment for which he received a letter of commendation for outstanding design efforts and unique architecture.
Chief Architect and Designer at Great Lakes Steel
· Designed a Fiber Optic network using state-of-the-art Technical Architecture for which he received a letter of commendation for resourceful planning and design, from mainframe down to terminal clusters in the six mill locations.
IT Unified Process and Tools Overview Using IT UP Learning Resources
One AT&T Change Request Tool Accurate Time Reporting
SRT-RM ReqPro for PMs & Doc Authors Overview of SRT at AT&T
Express One Overview
Express Peer Review
High Complexity Work End to End
Express Program Path
Low Complexity Work End to End
Express Program Management Procedure
Small Work End to End
Table Change Procedure End to End
Panagon for Express
Conflict Management in the Project Management Environment
eWorks for EXPRESS
Project Management for IT Project Teams: Leading, Managing and Facilitating
Mastering Project Management Persuasion and Influence Skills for Project Managers
Managing Subcontracts in Project Management Estimating and Managing Project Risks
PMI (Project Management Institute) #287480
Member Society of Manufacturing Engineers
Member National TCP/IP Committee
Member Project Management Institute
1995 Smithsonian Computerworld Award for highest degree of technical excellence in Financial and Banking Industry
1996 Smithsonian Computerworld Award for highest degree of technical excellence in Financial and Banking Industry
Accredited in Project Management with a Masters at University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Managed several $40 million projects, in some cases simultaneously.
Managed large groups of people, from 15 to 380 people.
Proven track record of communicating from CEOs to Boards of Directors
Short term and long term business planning
National TCP/IP committee member
Hand held computer technology
Strategic Outsourcing / Off-shoring
Program & Project Management
Application Development & Implementation
Information Technology Director
Information Technology Strategy & Execution
Software Solution Design
Time & Resource Optimization
Corporate Vision Fulfillment
Enterprise Information Technology Systems
Mergers & Acquisitions
Organizational Design & Restructuring
Team Building, Motivation & Leadership
New Product & Technology Launch
Profit and Loss Management
Vendor & Contract Negotiations